Description of job position
- Setting tables, placing silverware, plates, glasses, and placemats.
- Welcoming and seating guests based on the current available capacity.
- Providing advice when customers are selecting meals and beverages.
- Taking orders from customers.
- Serving ordered meals and beverages and occasionally performing the finishing touches for meals at the table.
- Accepting and turning over claims to a responsible staff member.
- Collecting payment and outstanding amounts in local and foreign currencies or via a payment card.
- Removing used silverware, plates, and glasses from tables.
- Taking reservations for tables.
The most common career path of an employee
The graphic shows how employees most often progress in their careers. Click on the name of the position to get to its detail with salary data.
Position Waiter - Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business in the labour market
The job position is
in the salary ranking of
Women representation in position
Average age of respondent by position
Nursery School Teacher Assistant
Education, Science & Research
96,010 - 205,368 CFA
128,607 - 295,009 CFA
Tourism, Gastronomy, Hotel Business
137,774 - 285,549 CFA
Medicine & Social Care
107,457 - 327,885 CFA
Chief Executive Officer
60,000 - 6,421,746 CFA
Is this salary range too huge?
You can find out the average salary in your region by filling out a short questionnaireCompare your salary with others
Get detailed information on salaries in your country
Salary report for the company
* incl. VAT / 29 EUR excl. VATOrder the analysis
- Salary on position by region*, education, practice, business size
- Total salary and its components* (variable component, commissions, rewards)
- Responder distribution to payroll
- Salary ranges expressed by 1st decile, 1st quartile, median, 3rd quartile, 9th decile, and average wage.
- Detailed breakdown of all monitored non-financial benefits provided*
- Financial benefit analysis* * available when regression model is used